Monday, May 11, 2009

A Smiling Face

I guess she decided last minute to spend the night at a friend’s house, so I had the apartment to myself last night. I woke up and got all my things together and called Lily to see where she was at and ask if I should wait or go ahead and get a taxi. She said she would be home in 20 minutes so I decided to wait so I could thank her one last time and say goodbye.

I got into the taxi and headed to the airport, my ticket was all in Chinese and I had no clue where to go! I had to ask a couple of people before I figured out where to go. I got my ticket and checked my back, then was asked to open my bag so they could go through it… ugh. They thought a pair of tennis shoes and a bottle of shampoo and conditioner look suspicious apparently. Oh well minor bump in the road. I headed in the direction of my gate and sat in one of the few available seats for about 10 minutes till we could board. We took a short bus out to the plane and boarded the flight. I was exhausted, didn’t get much sleep at all this weekend, it took about half an hour to finally take off then I attempted to sleep. I was unsuccessful and before I knew it lunch was being served. It was noodles, shrimp, bread, and fruit –what a meal for coach!! The last twenty minutes of the flight the guy sitting next to me became quiet chatty. He spoke English and was very nice, he didn’t seem to understand why I was in Shanghai and why I only visited Beijing for two days but he wanted to talk a lot. Next thing I knew we had landed and we were getting off and headed for baggage claim.

I must say I felt comforted knowing that my driver would be waiting for me on the other side, a familiar face, somebody I knew haha. I grabbed my bag and walked through and there he was a big smile on his face and he was waving haha. He came and took my bag from me and we walked to the car. It’s about a 45 minute drive home and I took a nice nap in the back. We arrived home and I was greeted by a very happy Harry and then ms. Evelyn. I told ms. Evelyn all about my weekend then attempted to take another nap, I’m still feeling under the weather. A slew of text messages kept me awake and so I decided to go sit in the massage chair and catch up on e-mail. Bryan, Ms. Evelyn, and I found ourselves in a candy fight haha, don’t know how it started but I became the target and had no shield and they had an entire desk as cover. Oh goodness haha! We had a wonderful steak dinner – my favorite! – and though I planned on going to bed early that obviously did not work out. I’m finally caught up on my blog and am headed to bed.

Tomorrow I am going out to lunch with Kristen and ms. Evelyn in Puxi. We are going shopping afterwards then to the fabric market to pick up a couple dresses we had made and I am going to get some shorts made. Night.

Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment